Westside offers co-ed recreational high school soccer during the FALL season, (up to U19) for any player not playing on a high school soccer team (Varsity, JV, JV2) or competitive soccer team, (8th grade players may not "play up" into the High School Co-Ed program).
Typically the teams are formed by High School and are for 9th-12th grade. Teams formed are co-ed with a mix of boys and girls on each team.
Please note, all information provided is general, specific information is not available until teams are formed and fields are assigned:
- How often do they practice: Twice per week: either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs, this will depend on the volunteer coach's schedule (placement requests based on practice day are NOT guaranteed as teams are formed before practice days are scheduled).
- What time: 5-6:30 or 6:30-8:00, this will depend on our volunteer coach's schedules and requests. Practice times do adjust due to earlier sunsets beginning in September. (Placement requests based on practice time are NOT guaranteed as teams are formed before practice times are scheduled).
- Where: Practices are held in the South Beaverton area. Fields are assigned through THPRD (placement request based on practice location are NOT guaranteed as teams are formed before practice locations are scheduled).
- Begins: Practice will begin in early August; games will begin in September and continue through late October/early November.
- When will the coach contact me: Coaches will contact players approximately ONE week before practice begins. If you have not heard from a coach/age group coordinator by the second week in August, please contact the office so that we can address any issues.
Due to the possibility of extreme weather conditions, practices/games may be postponed/cancelled. No guarantee that practices/games will be made up. Extreme weather conditions are a risk for outdoor sports programs and can happen anytime of year.
Games are on Saturday morning/afternoons/evening. Games begin in September and continue through late October/early November.
What your player(s) need to bring to EVERY practice:
- Soccer Ball: Size 5
- Shin Guards
- Soccer Cleats (cannot be baseball/softball/football cleats)
- WATER BOTTLE
THERE IS NO HIGH SCHOOL RECREATIONAL SOCCER DURING THE SPRING SEASON