Register now to coach in the Spring 2024 season.
Thank you for your interest in coaching with Westside Soccer Club. As a volunteer run organization, we rely on volunteers like you to coach our teams.
There are 4 steps to become a coach. All steps must be complete before you begin coaching, including a background check which may take over a week to process. Please register early for the best selection of practice times/locations and to avoid delaying the start of your season.
Use your full, legal name in all steps as well as the same email address.
- Register for the season here. If you are coaching your child, register the child first, then yourself as a coach during the same transaction.
- If you are a returning coach, check the date displayed during registration for your most recent SafeSport and Concussion training to determine if your training certificates have expired. New training must be completed by new coaches and coaches with expired certificates.
- Follow the link to SafeSport training in the instructions found here, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have the link sent to you.
- SafeSport training needs to be completed once per year. Training completed after January 31 will be valid through August 31 of the following year.
- New coaches must complete the full "SafeSport Trained Core" course. Returning coaches complete a shorter "Core Refresher" course.
- Download and email your certificate to email@example.com.
- Complete Concussion training here. Log in and select "Courses", then search for and order the free "Concussion in Sports - Oregon" course.
- Concussion training needs to be completed once per year. Training completed after January 31 will be valid through August 31 of the following year.
- Complete the post-course survey, download your certificate, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Register for a Background Check. We will send regular emails to coaches who have completed both SafeSport and Concussion training with a link to register through OYSA. You may also email email@example.com for the link after your training is complete.
- Background checks may take over a week to complete.
After all steps are complete, you will be assigned to a team and appear as "Team Staff" on the roster for that team in the Demosphere app.
If you have any questions during the registration process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.